Paleo Stuffed Eggplants (Dairy Free) – serves 6-8
4 eggplants, halved
500gm grass-fed beef mince
1 small onion
2-3 cloves garlic
200gm tomato paste
1 Tbs dried oregano
‘Not Cheese’ Sauce
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 egg yolks
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Scoop out each half of the eggplant out and set the extra eggplant ‘meat’ aside.
- Place the eggplant shells on a flat oven baking tray or dish. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake for 20 mins, while you continue.
- In a large pan brown the mince.
- While the meat is browning add the onion and garlic to the Thermomix bowl and chop at speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl and repeat. Add to the pan.
- Without cleaning, add the tomatoes and extra eggplant flesh to the TM bowl and chop speed 4 for 5 seconds. Add to the pan with tomato paste and oregano. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens and reduces.
- Fill each of the eggplant shells with a generous amount of the meat sauce. Return to the oven while you prepare the ‘not cheese’ sauce.
‘Not Cheese’ Sauce:
- Meanwhile, pour the coconut milk into a small pot and heat on medium heat.
- Once it starts to bubble around the edges, remove from the heat and add the tapioca flour. Whisk it through quickly, making sure to get all the lumps out. The mixture will thicken very quickly.
- Add the two egg yolks and pepper and whisk again, making sure they are evenly throughout the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the stuffed eggplants.
- Add the cashews and 1/4 tsp salt to the Thermomix bowl and process speed 6 for 5 seconds.
- Sprinkle over the eggplants and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the sauce and nuts are slightly browned.
- Serve with a garden salad.
If you have extra meat sauce it will freeze well, or its great to add to zucchini noodles. The ‘Not Cheese’ Sauce is so delicious, you could also use it instead of the parsnip one on my grain free lasagna.