This recipe is very simple, with few ingredients, to keep it clean and healthy. Its quick to make up, and keeps in the freezer well. Make it in advance, or whip it up and eat it straight away.
Strawberry Nice Cream
2 tins coconut milk
450gms fresh strawberries
1/4 cup honey
- Place the strawberries into your Thermomix and blend for 5 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the other ingredients and process again for 5 seconds on speed 6. The mixture will resemble a milk shake (yum).
- Now turn on the ice cream machine with frozen bowl and following the instructions slowly pour the mixture into the bowl, through the opening in the top. The mixture will make enough to fill the machine, but make sure not to over fill it.
- As per my (new) machines instructions, I let it do its thing for 20 mins.
- Serve straight away if you want a soft serve consistency. If you want it firm for scooping, then spoon it out and into an airtight, freezer container. Freeze for two hours to ensure its firm.
Now, I did use the Thermomix a little at the beginning of the recipe, but you could easily convert this recipe to use a food processor for the blending and the old ice cream making methods (freeze, mix, freeze, mix, repeat until frozen).
Its really very simple. It made 1.5 litres and the total cost of the ingredients was approximately $5.00. Thats similar to the rubbish ice cream you can buy in the supermarkets. And buy the cheaper fruit. It may be at the end of its season or life, but its perfect to be blended up. When they are cheap, buy up and freeze them ready for perfect ice cream days.