Slow Cooked Lemon & Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
3/4 cup coconut aminos (or tamari)
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 lemons, 1 juiced & 1 thinly sliced
rock salt and pepper
10 chicken drumsticks
1 tbsn coconut oil
- Turn the slow cooker high.
- Place the coconut oil into a pan and then add the drumsticks. Brown them on each side. You might need to do in two batches.
- Meanwhile, place all the other ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Once browned, add the drumsticks to the slow cooker and turn the drumsticks over in the liquid mix to coat evenly.
- Keep turning or coating the drumsticks several times throughout the cooking time to make sure that they don’t dry out and soak up flavour.
- Cook for 5 hours on high or until meat is falling off the bone.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and steamed asian greens.