The weather is finally beginning to turn cooler as we head deeper into autumn here. With the weather comes the natural desire for warm and comforting food. Soup is often top of that list. Everyone has a favourite soup, but possibly the most well know and readily loved is pumpkin soup. Here’s my favourite.
Pumpkin & Bacon Soup
1/2 brown onion
1 clove garlic
20g bacon fat
500g pumpkin, roughly chopped
1 carrot, roughly chopped
400-500g water (less water makes a thicker soup)
1 Tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
1 Tbsp coconut cream
2 rashes of bacon
- Put onion and garlic in the TM bowl and process for 3 secs/speed 7. Scrape down the sides and repeat to make sure chopped evenly.
- Add the bacon fat and saute for 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add the chopped pumpkin and carrot and process for 15 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and make sure all chopped up.
- Add the water and stock concentrate and cook for 20 min/100 degrees/speed 1.
- While soup is cooking, place the bacon rashes on a tray and cook for 10 mins in a oven at 200 degrees. You want it crispy, but watch it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- When the soup is cooked, add the coconut cream and blend 1 min/speed 9, slowly increasing the speed to 9.
- Serve with chopped bacon on top.