Lemon & Artichoke Crispy Chicken & Root Vegetables.
3 Tbsn ghee
1.5kg chicken thighs skin on, seasoned
2 small sweet potato’s (or 1 large)
1-2 jars artichoke, drained
1 shallot, largely diced
3 garlic cloves, halved
2 lemons + rind
- Place a big baking tray on your cook top and heat (I have a gas cook top and had to use two hobbs to even the temp). You could also do this in stages in a pan, but by doing this part in the baking tray you will hold onto a lot of the cooking juices and flavour.
- Melt the ghee and place the chicken thighs skin down to brown. It will take a couple of minutes, but you want some good colour, so the skin will stay crispy.
- While the chicken is browning, cut up all the vegetables to roughly even sizes, so that they will cook evenly.
- Once the chicken is browned on the skin side, turn it and add the large root vegetable lightly brown their edges.
- Then add the garlic, shallot, leek, artichokes (minus liquid) and the juice of both lemons and large strips of peel from one of the lemons. You can peel the large stripes of the lemon easily with a vegetable peeler.
- Place the whole oven tray into a preheated oven at 175 degrees for 30-40 minutes. The vegetables should be cooked through, while the chicken is still moist.
- Serve with your favourite greens and enjoy!