This is such a quick and easy recipe. Do away with those ready-made jars of sauce, full of preservatives, additives, sugars, and colours. This real food recipe has all the flavour with none of the nasties.
Beef Bolognese With Znoodles
1kg beef mince
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 tomatos, diced
3 heaped tbsp tomato paste*
1 tbsp TM stock concentrate (optional**)
1/2 cup bone broth
fresh basil leaves
- Heat the pan and add the meat to brown. (I don’t add any oil as there is usually enough in the meat.)
- Once the meat is brown add the garlic and stir through for 1 minute.
- Next, add the tomatoes and cook off for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste, TM stock concentrate (if using), and bone broth and mix through well.
- Reduce to low and let simmer for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss the basil leaves and serve.
*I use Leggos salt reduced tomato paste. If you check the ingredients you only want to see 100% tomatoes, nothing else, listed.
**If you have some Thermomix (TM) stock concentrate its great to add to give the sauce more flavour, but does taste just as good without it.
We love our bolognese on zucchini noodles and here I have shared my ‘how to’ make your own zucchini noodles/spaghetti.