These burgers are so full of flavour. You’ll never want to eat another
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 rashes bacon, cut into quarters
500gms grassfed beef mince
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 ripe avocado
1-2 tomatoes sliced
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
Mayonnaise (recipe here)
*I’ve used portobello, honey browns, and button mushrooms. Choose whichever you prefer or have on hand.
- Chop the mushrooms and bacon pieces in the TM bowl speed 4, for 3 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat if necessary.
- Add the beef, salt and pepper. Mix speed 3, reverse to gentle combine the ingredients. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
- Form the meat mixture into burgers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the burgers in the oil, turning once. Regular sized burgers should take about 3 minutes per side; slider burgers should take about 2 minutes per side. The meat inside should be perfectly pink all the way through.
- Let the burgers rest a minute.
- Place each burger in an iceberg lettuce leaf with slices of avocado, tomato, and topped with mayo.
- Eat and enjoy straight away.
You can, of course, mix the meat together by hand or in a food processor.
The burgers freeze well both raw and cooked. I often make up a batch or two and freeze the raw, ready for the nights I don’t feel like cooking, or to take to a friends for a BBQ.