Slow Cooked Beef & Broccoli
1 kg beef chuck or oyster blade steak, sliced thinly
1/2 cup coconut amino’s
1 cup beef broth/stock
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp sesame oil
2 heaped tbsp tapioca flour
1 head of broccoli, cut to small florets
- Turn your slow cooker onto low.
- Place the coconut amino’s, beef broth, garlic, and sesame oil into the slow cooker. Stir to mix together.
- In a hot pan, brown the steak to get more flavour from the meat. Once browned pour it straight into the slow cooker, including all meat juices.
- Slow cook the beef for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove a 1/2 cup of the slow cooker juices and mix well with the tapioca flour to make a slurry.
- Return it to the slow cooker and stir it through well. The sauce will thicken quickly, but will be fine to continue cooking.
- Spread the broccoli florets evenly on top of the meat and replace lid.
- Continue to cook for a further hour.
- Just before you serve, stir the broccoli through the sauce.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and enjoy!