The perfect winter warmer, this soup is light and easy, with a hit of delicious flavour.
Thai Chicken Soup
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 chicken breasts
1 medium onion diced
3 cup Vegetable stock (or chicken)
2 tbsp red curry paste (sugar free)
1 large red chilli, deseeded and sliced very thinly
1/2 a capsicum, very thinly sliced.
2 kaffer lime leaves, thinly sliced
1 x 270ml tin coconut milk
Cilantro/coriander to serve
- Halve chicken breasts and cook. Let cool then shred.
- In a large pot melt the coconut oil. Add onions and fry till opaque.
- Add curry paste and warm for a minute.
- Add chicken, stock, coconut milk and mix together.
- Add capsicum, chilli and kaffer lime leaves.
- Simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of cilantro on top.