Overnight N’Oatmeal (serves 4)
1/3 cup white chia seeds
1/3 cup flax/linseed
1/3 cup pepitas
1/3 shredded coconut
1/3 cup coconut flour
10 medjool dates
1 x 400 ml can coconut cream
800 ml water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
- Place all of the dry mix ingredients into the Thermomix (or food processor) for 8 secs on speed 10.
- Pour the milled dry mix into the slow cooker.
- Without cleaning, place all of the wet mix into the Thermomix and blend for 10 secs on speed 5.
- Add the wet mix to the slow cooker.
- Stir the two together very well. Making sure there are no lumps.
- Turn the slow cooker onto ‘warm’ for the night.
- In the morning stir well and serve.
Breakfast can be one of the hardest meals to find alternatives too once you choose to remove grains from your diet, or decide to ‘eat clean’. This is a great alternative recipe that will leave you feeling warm, full, and content. If you are one of those people who think giving up that bowl of cereal in the morning is just too hard, give it a go and let me know what you think.