One thing I really missed cooking when I made dietary changes was naan bread. Curries are just better with naan bread. Here’s the recipe I make often. You can cook them up, freeze them and then bring them out and warm them as needed.
Grain Free Naan Bread
5 Tablespoons of ground flax seeds
3/4 cup thick coconut milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup arrowroot powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- Place the flax seeds into the TM bowl(or food processor) and blitz speed 9 for 20 seconds. They wont be a fine meal, but will be broken up enough to still give the naan texture.
- Add all other ingredients to the TM bowl and mix together 30 secs/speed 4. It will resemble a batter consistency.
- Melt 1 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Drop approximately 2-3 large tablespoons of batter into the hot pan and spread out into an avocado like shape.
- Cook about 1 minutes before flipping. The batter does not make little holes like pancakes do. It’s ready to flip when it’s golden brown on the bottom.