These cookies are to die for! Possibly the BEST cookies I have ever made. Its a big call, I know, but they really are delicious and are a perfect treat to not feel too guilty about.
Flourless Double Chocolate & Almond Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease 2 large baking trays or line with silicon liner. Don’t use baking paper as the biscuits may stick to it.
- Place the almond butter, coconut sugar, and eggs into the TM and mix well on speed 2/10 seconds.
- Then add the bicarbonate of soda and cacao powder and repeat for 5 seconds/speed 2 or until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and slivered almonds on reverse/speed 2/5 seconds or until evenly mixed through.
- With damp hands, take 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place it onto the prepared tray and flatten it down just slightly. Repeat. Make sure to leave enough room between cookies for expansion.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 – 14 minutes. They will have a bit of crunch to the outside and slightly softer in the middle
- Cool for 5 minutes on trays, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.*This recipe makes 18 bigger sized cookies.
NUT FREE OPTION: You could sub the almond butter with sunbutter (sunflower seeds) and leave out the slivered almonds if you can’t have the nuts. If you did this, they would also be suitable to add to the lunch box as a special treat, but the almonds really do add a lovely flavour.