Chocolate Honeycomb Truffle Balls
1 cup dates
3/4 cup almond meal*
4 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoon honey
- Place all the ingredients into the TM bowl (or food processor) and blitz for 10 seconds/speed 9.
- Scrap down the sides and process again 3 seconds/speed 9.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Gently roll each ball in the bee pollen and then carefully roll/pat the bee pollen into the ball.
- Refrigerate the balls for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Enjoy in moderation.
*The reason I use almond meal instead of whole almonds is because I want the smooth truffle texture inside the ball. You can of course substitute the meal for whole almonds yourself, but it will change the texture. It’s also a great use for the meal you are left with after making your own almond milk.
**Bee pollen is readily available in good health food shops these days. Some can be priced ridiculously high, so shop around there are affordable ones.
Warning: this item may not be safe for consumption for anyone with a bee allergy.