Chicken & Cashew Curry
1 white onion, quartered
4 cloves garlic
1 inch piece fresh ginger root, roughly chopped
2 Tbs. tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 can coconut milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 – 1 tsp chilli powder (depending on your desired heat)
1/2 cup cashews, plus more for garnish
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive
600 gms chicken breast, cut into a small cubes
1 red capsicum, diced
- In TM bowl, add the quartered onion, ginger and garlic. Roughly chopped it at speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- To the TM bowl now add the tomato paste, garam masala, lemon juice, cinnamon, chilli powder, cashews, pinch of salt, and a 1/4 cup of the coconut milk. Mix together for 30 seconds at speed 5, or until it resembles a saucy paste.
- Now, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the cashew paste and warm through for about a minute. It will become fragrant.
- Add the chicken, and capsicums. Coat the chicken evenly and cook on medium-low until the chicken is partly cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and stir through well. Cook the sauce for another 5 – 10 minutes, until the chicken is evenly cooked through.
- You can serve it with my naan bread or cauliflower rice (or both).