Here is another cooked breakfast alternative to increase your protein intake and add flavour to your mornings.
Chicken Breakfast Patties (Makes 8)
- 500gm chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place the chicken thighs into the TM bowl and mince on speed 6 for 15 seconds. Make sure that it is evenly minced and there are not larger lumps. If so just mince for a few more seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl. Process on speed 4for 10 seconds or until evenly mixed through.
- Take approx. heaped table spoon sized amounts of the chicken mixture and shape into sausage patties. Try to make then thinner as they do ‘grow’ as cooked and moisture is released.
- You can now freeze the patties, I wrap them in cling wrap, so they don’t stick together and can be removed individually easily.
- To cook: Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to a medium to hot non stick pan. I add the oil because the chicken is lean and wont release much of its own fats. It also gives it a lovely flavour.
- Add the patties to the pan and press down. Brown on the first side then flip over and press down to keep flatter.
- Brown on the second side and cook through. Approximately 4-5 minutes cooking time in total.
- Serve immediately.
These have a simple flavour and use spices that are found in every pantry. You won’t be rushing down to the shops to grab missing ingredients. They also only take minutes to prepare and cook, if you want to make them up and enjoy straight away. You could easily double this recipe to freeze the bulk amount. These patties freeze well for about a month. Mine never last that long mind you.
If you don’t have a Thermomix yourself then you could still prepare these chicken patties in a food processor or by hand. You can also use chicken breast meat instead of thighs, or chicken mince (just skip the first step).