Asian Baked Chicken Thighs
2 Tbsn olive oil
1 Tbsn coconut oil
1 shallot, halved
2cm pce fresh ginger
1 red chilli, seeds removed
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup coconut sugar
3 Tbsn vinegar
3 Tbsn water
1 Tbsn sesame oil
1.5kgs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 baby pak choy
5 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the shallot, ginger and chilli in the Thermomix and finely chop for 10 secs/speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl and then repeat once or twice to make sure that its all finely minced/chopped.
- Add the coconut aminos, coconut sugar, vinegar, water and sesame oil. Cook at 100 degrees/speed 1/2 mins.
- In a large baking dish place your chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper and olive oil and rub to coat.
- Pour 3/4’s of the shallot, ginger and chilli marinade over the chicken and bake at 180 degrees for approx. 30 minutes, turning over half way through the time.
- Five minutes before the chicken is ready, heat the coconut oil in a pan and once melted add the mushrooms and pak choy.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the mushrooms and pak choy.
- Toss for a couple of minutes or until the greens have wilted and mushrooms are cooked.
- Once the chicken is baked, serve it with the steamed greens and mushrooms.