These light and fluffy hotcakes or pancake are my favourite pancake recipe. Perfect for a late breakfast on the weekends.
Fluffy Buttermilk Hotcakes (makes 12)
- 6 large pastured eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp pastured butter, melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Into your Thermomix (or food processor) place the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix together 5 secs/speed 4, then scrape down and make sure it all combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and sea salt. Process again for 5 secs/speed 4 until all well combined into your batter.
- Heat small amounts of butter in a non-stick pan.
- Place 1/4 cup of batter into the hot pan and move around to spread out into shape.
- Cook until bubbles just begin to appear in the surface, then flip.
- Cook the reverse side until browned and serve.Variation: add 1 heaped tablespoon of cacao powder to turn them into chocolate pancakes. If the added cacao makes the mixture a little too dry, just add a tablespoon of buttermilk.
These hotcakes fluff up more than my other pancake recipes We served them with two toppings this time; my raspberry and lemon sauce, and traditional pure maple syrup. The kids love both.