My kids (and me there’s no denying it) are very partial to a good cookie. Many of the ‘healthier’ cookie recipes however are soft and don’t quite hit the spot. A cookie to me should be a little crisp on the edges when you bite into it and soft in the centre. I first found this recipe on the grain free food blog A Girl Worth Saving. I’ve altered the original recipe for the Thermomix.
1 cup of raw cashews
½ cup of coconut flour
1 tbsp of tapioca flour
¼ tsp of sea salt
½ tsp of baking soda
¼ cup of ghee or coconut oil
½ tsp of vanilla
¼ cup of honey
- Do not preheat your oven. Timing is based on putting into a cold oven.
- Grind the cashews into a flour in your TM bowl speed 10.
- Next add in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda and tapioca flour and pulse to combine.
- Then add the ghee, vanilla, egg and honey and mix 5 secs/speed 3-4 or until you have a cookie dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment and cut with your cookie cutters. Place them on a piece of parchment paper and then bake at 175 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes or until just golden.