Packing a lunch for school or work can sometimes be a bit of a chore. Here is a simple dish that’s perfect to pack for lunch, maybe even for that family picnic trip to the park. Of course, this recipe is also perfect for a snack, for dinner, or even as an alternative breakfast option.
4 rashes bacon
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the onion, zucchini and carrots into the TM bowl. Blitz all of them on speed 4-5 for 12 seconds, or until evenly grated consistency.
- Scrape the contents into a large oven baking/ceramic dish.
- Now place the bacon into the TM bowl. Process for 10 seconds on speed 4, or until similar grated size to the zucchini and carrots.
- Scrape into the same baking dish. Mix the bacon and vegetables together , and spread evenly around the dish.
- Crack the eggs into the TM bowl and add the salt and pepper. Whisk them together on speed 3 for 5-10 seconds.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and mix through the vegetable and bacon. Make sure that the mixture is spread evenly over the baking dish.
- Bake the slice for approximately 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. If you are using a more shallow or deeper dish they time may change.
- Enjoy it warm or cool.
Obviously, this can be made in a food processor or by hand just as easily. It will be a little more time-consuming to hand grate, but you definitely don’t need a Thermomix to enjoy this recipe.