This is an essential staple to have at the ready. You can use this mayonnaise as a base for whatever flavours you want to add to it. Use it in coleslaw, drizzled on a burger, or with some fresh seafood. It’s a great source of some extra essential fats and proteins. Once you’ve made your own, why buy the shop-bought ones that are ladened with thickeners, sugars, and preservatives.
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard or yellow mustard powder
3/4 cup macadamia or avocado oil*
1/4 teaspoon honey** (optional)
- Put all the first 5 ingredients into the TM bowl, insert butterfly.
- Whisk together for 20 secs/speed 4.
- With the MC cup on and while still rotating on speed 4, slowly add a drop or two of the oil onto the lid. It will drip down through.
- Then slowly add a little more gradually onto the lid until it is all gone, it should take between 2-3 mins
- Spoon it out and store it in an airtight jar in the fridge.
Don’t have a Thermomix, no worries, you can use a food processor or blender.
*You can substitute with olive oil, but it will have a stronger flavour and colour.
** LCHF can leave out.
Depending on what I am serving this with, I will taste the finished mayo and add more lemon to taste, especially if I am using it with fish. This is a great base recipe that you can then adapt to suit your dish.