These brownies are baked on a regular occurrence in my house. The kids adore them and they happen to be nut free, making them safe for the school lunch boxes. They make a great healthier treat option.
Chocolate Brownie (makes 24)
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cups quality dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 6 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Grease and line a slice baking tray.
- Melt the butter, chocolate, and coconut sugar in TM bowl 2-3 mins/100 degrees, speed 2.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl and add the vanilla extract and eggs. Mix for 30 seconds/speed 2.
- Add all dry ingredients to the TM bowl and mix for 1 minute/speed 3 or until combined.
- Scrap batter into lined slice tray.
- Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy!
The recipe is written for the Thermomix, but you can easily convert it to conventional methods; melting the wet ingredients on a stove top and then adding to dry ingredients. This recipe also freezes well.
I have adapted this recipe from an original in the cookbook Primal Cravings. This was one of the first ‘treat’ recipes I made after transitioning to a whole food diet many years ago. I couldn’t even tell you how often this has been baked since.