My husband has always been a big fan of satay chicken, so I originally made this recipe for him years ago. I since have become the main fan of this recipe. Its so easy and quick to make, and packed with flavour.
Satay Chicken (serves 4)
3 chicken breasts, diced
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 small onion, halved
2 cloves garlic
1/2 fresh chilli
1cm cube fresh ginger
3/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
3 Tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari sauce)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
- Place one tablespoon of coconut in a pan on medium to high heat. When melted, brown the chicken.
- Place the onion and garlic in the TM bowl and blitz 5 sec/speed 7
- Scrape down side and add the other tablespoon of coconut oil, saute 60 secs/speed 1/100 degrees.
- Add the chilli and ginger and chop 3 secs/speed 7.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix for 10 secs/speed 2
- Make sure its all combined and then pour into pan with browned chicken.
- Cook the sauce through. It will thicken up quickly. Add a little extra coconut milk if you want a thinner/runnier sauce.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, greens, and enjoy!
This recipe can easily be adapted if you don’t have a thermomix, just whip up the ingredients in a food processor or bruise them in a mortar and pestle. This also freezes really well.