Some nights you just want something that is warm and comforting to eat. This recipe is perfect for a cold winters day or to share with friends.
Chilli Con Carne
500gm beef mince
1/2 Tbsn coconut oil
1 sml onion roughly chopped
1 clove garlic
1 red capsicum roughly chopped
400 gm fresh tomatoes, halved
1/2 tspn onion powder
1/2 tspn garlic powder
1 tspn chilli powder
1/2 tspn paprika
1 tspn TM stock concentrate
Salt and pepper
- Brown the mince off in a tablespoon of coconut oil in a separate pan*
- Into the TM bowl add the onion and garlic, chop speed 3/3 secs. Scrape down bowl.
- Add coconut oil and sauté 5 mins/Varoma/speed 1
- Add capsicum and tomatoes to the TM bowl and chop Turbo/1 sec until roughly chop.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook 10 mins/90 degrees/speed 1.
- Add the browned meat to the TM bowl, cook another 10 mins/90 degrees/speed 1.
- Check to see if its too watery at this point, and I add a tablespoon of tapioca flour (like cornflour) at this point to thicken the sauce. Cook for 5 mins/90 degrees/speed 1.
- Serve with a dollop of guacamole and enjoy.
You can obviously do all the chopping in a food processor or by hand, and cook the chilli con carne in a pot/pan.
You can also alter the heat depending on how hot or not you prefer it, by adding more/less chilli powder. This recipe I serve to the kids so not overly spicy.