Looking for something with a little punch in flavour to add to your summer menu? This recipe shows you how to make it from scratch to ensure theres no hidden nasties. Add them to your next BBQ, but they can also.
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
3 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp turmeric
2 cloves garlic
100g shallots or onion
2 tbsp olive oil
15g ginger, peeled
30g lime juice, fresh
70g tomato paste (100% tomato)
80g coconut cream
Sea salt to taste
- Place whole spices into the Thermomix bowl and dry roast 10 min/Varoma/speed 2.
- Cool for 1 minute, then mill 1 min/speed 9.
- Add all remaining ingredients except chicken and blend 10 sec/speed 4. Scrape down and repeat 2/3 times until desired consistency.
- Place chicken into the TM bowl and mix on reverse for 5 seconds to coat in marinate.
- Leave for several hours, overnight or for as little as 1/2 hour.
- Heat bbq and grill until chicken is cooked through.*The spices and marinade can all be processed in a food processor or ground up in a mortar & pestle.