Its that time of the year when every child is being extra good, families are travelling to see each other and we all go home with very full bellies. The festive season sees us consuming a lot!
Kids are finishing up school, visitors are dropping in, and with that comes hungry little mouths to feed (as well as mine). These Gingerbread Men cookies are delicious and loved by both kids and adults alike.
- 2 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 2/3 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, ground
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Into the TM bowl place cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and grind until well combined and cloves ground to powder.
- Add almond meal, arrowroot flour, salt, baking soda, coconut sugar. Mix together speed 2/30 secs.
- In a small sauce pan, bring honey to a boil over medium heat. Add coconut oil to the sauce pan, and stir until combined with the honey.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and pour into the dry ingredients in TM bowl.
- Mix until forms a dough and all dry ingredients are covered.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper onto a flat cooking surface, and dust with some extra arrowroot flour.
- Place dough on the greaseproof paper. Lightly press dough down to flatten, and sprinkle with a small amount of arrowroot flour. Place another sheet of greaseproof paper on top of the dough, and roll into a thin sheet with a rolling pin (about 1/2 cm thick).
- Dust cookie cutters with arrowroot flour to coat the bottom for cutting. This will keep the cookie dough from sticking to the cutter.
- Once you have cut out your cookies, carefully transfer them to a lined baking tray. Roll up remaining dough and repeat until all the dough is used.
- Bake gingerbread at 170 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool on a rack.
The kids will love decorating these cookies, thats if that can wait that long before nibbling at them. They also make a lovely gift idea.