This is such an easy treat recipe to whip up for the kids or a party.
1 can coconut milk
2/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
4 cups desiccated coconut
Pinch of beetroot powder (or natural red food colouring of your choice)
*I used natural food colour.
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin.
- Place coconut milk, coconut oil and rice malt syrup/honey in the TM bowl and melt together speed 2/80 degrees/2 mins (watch, may need more or less time). Add desiccated coconut and stir through speed 2/reverse/30 secs.
- Press half the mixture into the base of prepared tin.
- Add the beetroot powder/colouring to the remaining mixture and mix well for another 20secs/speed 2/reverse. Press pink mixture on top of white and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove from tin and cut into approximately 16 large squares or 64 smaller squares.
This would also be a fun thing to have in lunch boxes or when visiting friends.