This crumble is the perfect comfort food! This nutty crumble is so delicious and versatile, it would suit any seasonal fruit. Perfect for a healthier dessert option that still feels like your indulging.
Rhubarb & Mixed Berry Crumble
½ cup macadamias
¾ cups almond meal
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup honey
4 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 cups rhubarb, small diced pieces
2 cups mixed berries, frozen
1 teaspoon lemon juice
5 Tablespoons honey
1½ Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the macadamias into the TM bowl (or food processor) and use the turbo to chop to desired consistency. I left ours a bit chunky to give the crumble some texture.
- Add the flours, cinnamon, salt, honey and coconut oil. Mix it together speed 1 for 1 minute, till just combined. Set aside in the fridge while you prepare the fruit.
- Put the berries and rhubarb in a large bowl with the lemon juice, honey, and arrowroot powder and stir through well.
- Place the fruit filling into a flan or oven proof dish. Crumble the topping evenly over the top.
- Bake for approx 25 minutes. The topping should have browned and the fruit should be bubbling. Remove and allow to cool a little before serving.